Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A Little Bit Of This, A Little Bit Of That...

Just taking a jog through the Blogosphere:

Crim Prof Blog has the top 5 Law Review type papers. You can get them on your computer free. Just go to the Profs' blog and click on the article you want to read, then when you get to the article, right click and hit save. Read it while waiting to get on the plane, or even on the plane (after the pilot turns off the fasten your set belt sign above your head).

A day late and a dollar short. That's ME! I was thinking of writing a series of Blogposts on "How to Blog." Then, just as I am about to get started, I find these wonderful posts (try here, here, here, andhere) on my topic and feel like I have been pre-empted. Just like on the Law Review!! Thanks a lot South Carolina Trial Law Blog.

Capital Defense Weekly's Blog has the year's best Death Penalty articles from the Death Penalty Information Center. Check out the site while you're there. It has a lot of very good information for Criminal Trial Lawyers

Thanks For Nuthin' Mom!:
From Newsday:
"Zachary Gibian's mother did nothing to stop him when he told her he was about to kill her husband; instead, she left the room as the Hauppauge teenager got the sword he used to murder Scott Nager, a Suffolk detective testified Monday."
Need I say more...

Also in Newsday today, this story about 1200 new police hires. You know it's not a bad job for a lawyer. You can practice on the side. Meanwhile I cannot wait to get one of the newbies on the stand. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

The New York Times takes on the Patriot Act:
Sorry, there is just to much government interference in the new Patriot act passed last month by Congress. This NY Times article raises some of my(and others)concerns.

This is why I cannot support the President and his war time cabinet. I still cannot believe these people have so little regard or understanding of what it means to live in, and protect, a democracy. As of right now, if Senator John McCain is not the Republican Candidate for President of the USA, I may not vote. Me not voting for President says a lot.

Obviously not in it for the money:
I know law is not the easiest way to earn a living, but this is ridiculous. Hat tip: to NY Attorney Malpractice Blog.

Now this guy got it right. (Lawyer gives $200 Million to Columbia University.)

Then again maybe it's all in how you look at it.

Well that's it for me. See you in the Blogosphere.

No comments: